It has now been over a month since my last post. I really don't have a reason however it is difficult to sit down and think of things to write about. So I thought that I would give you some little bits of Brewer life along with some pictures.
* Yesterday was Luke's birthday. It is difficult to fully celebrate a birthday when you have to go to work for the day however once Luke got back from work we were able to go for a walk and eat homemade dinner and homemade sticky toffee pudding. We will fully celebrate this weekend with the rest of the family.
*Last Saturday Luke and I managed to go to a movie just the two of us. This is the first time we have been to the movies together in over two years - I know that is sad however if you know my daughter you will understand that it is very difficult to be away from her for that length of time. She did however not cry the entire time we were out which gives me hope for the future.
*Talking about Abigael - she is growing into a real little girl. I honestly think that the reason she is not crawling yet is because she does not believe she should be placed on her tummy. She could spend hours just sitting and playing - mainly trying to take whatever toy Daniel is playing with. She adores her food and would eat all day if you let her - she is willing to try anything and normally at dinner she eats more then Daniel does. She loves her brother and laughs at most things he does (including when he cries). Daniel loves to push her around the house in her chair and she just happily enjoys the ride. Although she is a mummy's girl, one of her favourite times of the day is when Luke comes home from work. When the door opens and he says hello - she starts grinning and tries to see around the door to get a good look at her Daddy.
*Daniel is growing into a great little boy who adores his sister and loves anything to do with cars, trains and trucks. He spends his days playing with cars, trucks and anything else with wheels (in fact, I just went and got him from his nap and the first thing he said was Car) . He does not mind Abigael playing with him however if she messes up his line of cars we do have to move Abigael and sort the problem. He is beginning to learn his numbers which is very funny because he knows 2 and 3 very well and 1 is always forgotten. At the moment he is obsessed with a puzzle. This puzzle contains 45 pieces and we will do it at least 3 times a day. However he is amazing at it - if you complete the outside of the puzzle, he will complete the middle without much help. Although he is a typical boy in that he loves climbing all over Daddy, he understands that he has to be gentle with Abigael and other babies and will therefore spend his time holding her hand, kissing on her and making sure she is OK.
*The first picture shows Daniel and his friend Imogen. Imogen is about 18 months and she talks very well. In fact - when she came over to visit she walked in the house and said 'hello Daniel and Abigael' and my son turned to her and yelled 'see'. This was his way of telling her to come to his room. It makes me laugh at the difference between boys and girls. Imogen will talk in little sentences whereas Daniel states his option with one or two words (one is normally car, truck or train and the other is Mummy). Please don't get me wrong - Daniel can say many words and some sentences however talking is not on the top of his 'to do list' - it comes somewhere behind playing, running, sorting his cars, and looking at books.


2 comments:
I love the picture of all the cars- it is amazing how many he has. I'm really glad you're keeping up with the blog Samantha- I know I see you guys all the time but I really like looking back and seeing how much the kids have changed.
They are do precious! I do think Daniel and Corban would get along just great! HE lines his trains & cars up all the time! Hope Luke got his message we left him on his cell phone!
Post a Comment