Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, 15 May 2009

Blog Hijacked!

My name is Luke and I am Samantha's husband.  It is my funny looking face you see all over this blog!  I am taking over this blog for a one-off post, to share some thoughts and feelings.  Recently, our son, Daniel, and I travelled to Oklahoma to take part in my brother Jake's wedding.  We spent a week in Oklahoma, visiting with family and friends, enjoying a few 'only-in-America' pleasures, and generally doing some good (and bad) father-son bonding.  While we enjoyed our time with family and friends and eating junk food, the week was very tough because we both missed Samantha terribly.  I can't tell you how many phone calls we made back and forth at all hours of the day.

I have to say that because of this trip, I have a greater appreciation for Samantha - for her mothering skills, her love, patience, and care for Daniel.  In the past I have spent time alone with Daniel, but nothing quite like this last week.  It taught me a lot more about what mothers experience everyday.  What Samantha deals with day in and day out and how she handles it with such grace is amazing to me.   I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful, beautiful wife.  I know Daniel would say the same about his mother.  

When we finally arrived back at Edinburgh airport on Tuesday morning, I told Samantha that I was never more happy to see her.  I don't want to go another week with out her - and I don't say that just because Daniel wore me out.  Without Samantha, Oklahoma (and life in general) is not the same.  I am so blessed and thankful.

To close, here are some pictures of our trip.


Daniel and Daddy at Aunt Zina's

The big toy at Walmart

I love water - what can I say?

Daniel, Aunt Elizabeth and cousins (oh, and Dan the horse)

Check out the genetics!

Daniel's best friend in Oklahoma





1 comment:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Great post Luke...I think you could HiJack mine if you talked that sweet about me too! What a great Husband you are!